If you are an iPhone user and are planning to try an Android device, here are the top 5 reasons you need to know.
When it comes to smartphones, you have only two operating systems to choose from-iOS or Android. Well for buying iOS devices or iPhones you need to have a budget northward of Rs. 40000, while Android devices can be purchased for much lesser amount. However, if you are an iPhone user it is not that easy.
Google, via a blog post posted on June 30, informed that starting Thursday, support for the Switch to Android app on iOS is rolling out to all Android 12 phones, so you can move over some important information from your iPhone to your new Android seamlessly. Once you have got your new Android phone, follow a few easy setup instructions to go through the data transfer process.
Also read: Looking for a smartphone? To check mobile finder click here.
Also Read: Nothing Phone (1) could overhaul the midrange smartphone space: Know why
“You’ll be prompted to connect your old iPhone with your new Android phone either with your iPhone cable or wirelessly via the new Switch to Android app. The instructions will walk you through how to easily transfer your data like your contacts, calendars and photos over to your new phone. Once you’re all set up, you can get started on your new Android device by checking out our favorite features,” the blog post read.
Here are 5 reasons to switch to Android:
1. Express yourself in new ways: With the Messages app and Gboard, it’s easy and enjoyable to send messages — especially between friends who use Android. Group chats, high-quality photo and video sharing, read receipts and emoji reactions are all available. (Rest assured, your iPhone friends will still receive your messages as well.)
2. Video chat with anyone, anywhere: If your friends and family have Google accounts, it’s easier than ever to video chat with Google Meet on Android. Or if you prefer FaceTime, you can still use that in the latest version of Chrome. Or with apps like WhatsApp in Google Play, you can chat with whomever you like for free around the globe. Android has so many options, it’s easy to stay connected with those that matter to you the most.
3. Tune into your favorite music: Catch up on the latest hits with your preferred streaming service available on Android. And if you had previously purchased and downloaded music on your iPhone, your music will transfer over to your Android phone, as long as it’s digital rights management (DRM)-free. Your purchases and downloaded content from Apple Music will still be accessible on your new Android device by downloading the Apple Music app.
Also Read: Apple in 5G chip trouble for iPhone 15!
4. A privacy-first approach: On your new phone, your data is proactively protected by Android. Android helps defeat bad apps, malware, phishing and spam, and helps keep you one step ahead of threats. Messages, for example, helps protect people against 1.5 billion spam messages per month. Android also provides timely recommendations, like prompting you to select your location-sharing preferences when opening an app to help you make the best decisions for your privacy.
5. More devices that work better together: You can choose from a wide variety of Chromebooks, Wear OS smartwatches, Google TV devices and Fast Pair supported headphones, like Pixel Buds, that work better together with your phone. In fact, some of your Apple products will still work with your Android device, like AirPods.