Apple iPhone users can customize email notifications in the Mail app. Here are the steps you need to follow.
You keep notifications for several apps on so that you do not miss any important update. Mail app is one such application. Mails are used for professional as well as personal communication, therefore, you may not want to miss certain email notifications. If you are an Apple iPhone user, you must have noticed the Mail app on your phone, using the app you can change your mail notification settings and choose which mailboxes and email threads to receive notifications from. “If you updated your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to iOS 15 or iPadOS 15, and no longer hear notifications for the Mail app, you may need to change your Mail notifications,” Apple said. You can mute email notifications, receive notifications about replies to an email thread, and more. Want to know how? Check the step-by-step guide below.
How to customize your Mail notifications
1. Go to Settings , click on Mail then Notifications, and then tap Customize Notifications.
2. Click on the email account you want to make changes to.
3. Select the setting you want, like Alerts or Badges. When you turn on Alerts, you will see an option to customize your Sounds by changing the alert tone or ringtone.
Also Read: Turn your iPhone into a charging speed king, just do this
How to mute email notifications
1. To reduce interruptions from busy email threads, you can mute notifications from messages in a conversation. You will have to open an email in the conversation for the same.
2. Then click on the More Actions button, and then tap Mute.
3. To specify what you want to do with emails you muted, go to Settings > Mail > Muted Thread Action, then select an option.
Also Read: How to edit sent messages on iPhone 12, iPhone 13 and more
How to receive notifications about replies to an email or thread
1. You can set up mail notifications that let you know when you receive emails in favorite mailboxes or from your VIPs.
2. When reading an email: Tap the More Actions button, then tap Notify Me.
3. When writing an email: Tap the Subject field, tap the Notify Me button in the Subject field, then tap Notify Me.
4. To change how notifications appear, go to Settings > Notifications > Mail, then turn on Allow Notifications.
How to set email reminders
Open the Mail app and select the email you want to be reminded about later.
Then click on the Reply button.
After this you will have to select the Remind me option.
Then you need to select the reminder time from the pre-set options or click on Remind Me Later in order to select a custom date and time manually.